OHS and FP in Education
It is very complicated to ensure occupational health and safety in educational facilities *according to § 29 of the regulation no. 561/2004 Coll., because it is not only about school employees, but primarily about students and pupils. For students **is necessary to ensure their safety not only in school buildings, but also during the trips, on playgrounds and school courses in nature. At the beginning of the school year, almost every director has many responsibilities and duties in OHS field to their employees and especially students.
Our joint-stock company Energom Projekty a.s. will provide you with professional complex services in the OHS and FP field based on the agreement, thus all statutory requirements will be met and you will be able to fully concentrate on school management.
A summary of duties in education in the OHS field
- Mandatory search, assessment and evaluation of all the risks associated with the activities and working environment in school facilities.
- Mandatory regular trainings.
- Required documentation management and monitoring of proper following the regulations.
- Required First Aid Training – ensuring all necessary conditions for providing first aid within this issue so that all staff, pupils and students must be informed and aware.
- Mandatory ensuring of a strict ban in smoking in workplace.
- Mandatory ensuring of working conditions for pregnant women and young people.
- Mandatory annual reviews of OHS in educational school facilities.
- Mandatory solution of work injuries of employees and students.
- Required OHS documentation and regular every year update.
- Mandatory compliance and familiarization with rights, as well as staff and pupils duties.
- Mandatory revisions and controls – ensuring the maintenance of used facilities in the school (eg. electrical equipment, gas equipment, boiler room, fitness tools, etc.).
A summary of duties in education in the FP field
- Mandatory inclusion of the activities into fire risk category.
- Mandatory managements and regular update of fire protection documentation.
- Mandatory management of Fire book.
- Mandatory elaboration of alarm regulations.
- Mandatory preventive fire inspections.
- Mandatory inspections and means of fire protection reports.
The most common risk factors in education could be:
- Working conditions – compliance with the ergonomic requirements in the workplace.
- Biological agents – working with biological agents must be carried out in a controlled area.
- Hygiene requirements – compliance with applicable regulations in connection with the operation of schools and school facilities.
Our company Energom projekty a.s. provides this issue in many different educational institutions and facilities across the Czech Republic.