OHS and FP in Healthcare
In health and social facilities, the occupational health and safety and fire protection is almost a necessity, especially in terms of human health risks.
Mainly employees of such facilities are constantly exposed to specific risks. The most problematic field of OHS is movement at workplace, providing PPE, contact with hazardous substances, technical and instrumental state of equipment and compliance with the overtime limits. Under § 133 and government regulation no. 495/2001 Coll. the employer is obliged to provide protective equipment, follow regular risks and proposed measures to limit their occurrence in the work place performed by a qualified person in risk prevention.
Our join-stock company Energom Projekty a.s. specializes in OHS and FP field, that is professionally and expertly ensured in variety of social and healthcare facilities throughout the Czech Republic.
A summary of duties in healthcare OHS
- Mandatory treatment and updating of OHS documentation.
- Mandatory regular checks of OHS.
- Mandatory categorization of work.
- Mandatory elaboration of a risk register for medical facilities.
- Mandatory assurance of occupational medical examination.
- Mandatory ensuring of safety and health protection at work for each employee.
- Mandatory training of own employees in OHS field.
- Mandatory introduction of a new employee with the legislation.
- Mandatory recording and reporting of occupational injuries (the emergence of causes and its compensation).
- Mandatory search for dangerous factors in working environment (compulsory securing of employees so that they will not perform prohibited work.
- Required documents for compliance with the technical and security conditions.
- Mandatory ensuring of personal protective equipment – PPE.
- Mandatory lists of banned work for pregnant women.
- Mandatory adhering of checks limits on overtime work.
- Mandatory compliance of conditions of technical prevention, checks of technical equipments, medical equipment and revisions.
A summary of duties in healthcare Fire Protection
- Mandatory inclusion of activities into fire risk category.
- Mandatory managements and regular updating of fire protection documentation.
- Mandatory management of Fire book.
- Mandatory drafting of alarm regulations.
- Mandatory implementation of preventive fire inspections.
- Mandatory inspections and reports of fire protection means.
The most Common Risks in Healthcare
Each work is specific in some way, as well as the risks being undertaken by workers everyday.
The most Common Risk Factors in Healthcare could be following:
- Stabbing, cuts, lacerations or scratches from medical tools.
- Injury when handling patients – The daily work is overexertion with the moving or fewer moving patients which can result in spinal injuries and straining of tendons and muscles. From this result it is your obligation to follow weight limits set by the government.
- Falling, sprain or even a slip – Precisely for this reason, a need for treatment and maintenance of roads, floors, stars has emerged, all according to the relevant laws and regulations.
- Burns from hot items, especially drinks and soups for patients in healthcare facilities.
- When operating the X-ray with the ionizing radiation.
- While medics work with electric devices, often ending by electricity injuring.
- While operating the laser the ionizing radiation. -While working in laboratories or with patients with viral or bacterial diseases, the effects of chemical and biological substances.
Out joint-stock company Energom Projekty a.s. will provide you with professional complex services in the OHS and FP field based on the agreement, thus all statutory requirements will be met and you will be able to fully concentrate on your medical facility.